Thursday, March 6, 2008

In Civilization

I’m in Hotel Milenio, the sleekest, sexiest hotel in Nampula City. This morning I woke up from a night of uninterrupted sleep – I didn’t have to worry about things crawling on me – and took a hot shower. It was amazing. Today, I bought two pairs of jeans to replace the ones stolen during the Christmas in Angoche trip, which makes me more excited than I should be. They don’t hang off my butt, and I can wear them to school! Regionals is a success.

They feed us so much that I’m not hungry at all, and think I’ll pass on dinner. May just stick around for the fruit platter at the end – delicious, delicious fruit.

6 comments:

susan xoxo said...

omg i love you!! i don't have the time to read all your new entires now (i have an insanely long 16 hour day tomorrow/today and it starts in 4.5 hours. i need to start getting some sleep.) i miss you so much. today i went to forbidden planet and it's WAY over priced... but it made me think of you. gah.
anyways i'm well on my way to stalking.. i mean... meeting.. i mean... whatevering steven moffat. more on that later. its really creepy... and i win for being the dorkiest out of me and you.
yay for hot water & no bugs.

susan xoxo said...

ALSO ATTENTION FRIENDS AND FAMILY OF JESS -


To anyone who loves to speak to Jess on the phone.
Jess can call you for free if you get a 315 area code number. How can you do this? You ask.
It's simple.
Google has a phone service where you can get your own US telephone number (of any areacode). Blogger users can bypass the wait for sign-up and can join grand central on the main page for free. If you join - pick a 315 area code number to forward to your existing line and Jess will be able to call you for free.
Grand Central is also a great service in general.

Ok, this message is coming from a girl who hasn't had proper sleep in a few days so let me know if you have any questions.

Mwah!

melissa the hamster said...

Thanks Susan! We signed up so Jess can call us!

Aimee said...

Miss you! I'm trying to get the phone service so you can call me =)

Jenny said...

Jess! I haven't spoken to you for so long, possibly even since college. Alexis forwarded me your blog since I've dreamed of going to Africa myself for years. I am still waiting for my chance, and I hope it comes soon. Hope you are having a great time!
-Jenny H.

Jenny Roth said...

Susan, you need to keep that area code thing on the down-low before the powers that be discover that 315 isn't in Africa.
In the mean time, I should try that.